The first vision that God laid on our hearts is to build an orphanage in Guadalupe Mexico, which will be the largest orphanage in all of Latin America. Although there is a lot of work that needs to be completed, God has blessed this project.
The Biblical mandate to take care of the widows and orphans is in the process of being fulfilled in the orphanage that is being built at in Guadalupe, MX. This orphanage will house over 400 children and the government promised to fill it within 24 hours of when its doors open with a small percentage of over 7000 children that are living on the street in this area alone. This orphanage is being built by churches in America, Canada, Scotland and all over the world. May God’s name be praised. However, there is a lot of work that still needs to be done.
In the early 1980′s 27 acres of property located in Guadalupe, Mexico was donated to Tapestries of Life Ministries. This property was an answer to prayer for Pastor Steven Brewer and his wife Cathy. The Brewer’s vision is to build an orphanage for the homeless children of Mexico. They have named this orphanage “Casa de las Gemas” – House of Gems. Each child is a jewel in God’s eyes. When completed this complex will house over 400 children. The main dormitory is a two story building constructed in the shape of a cross. Also on the grounds are a Clinic, Cafeteria, Staff Housing, Elementary School and a Warehouse.
Tapestries of Life provides many ways for people to have “hands-on” involvement in our missions outreach to Mexico. Individuals, churches, mission groups, youth groups… there’s an opportunity for you!
The Children Are Crying
“…suffer the little children to come unto me” (Mark 10:14 KJV)
- There are more than 100 million street children around the world who live in fear every day of their lives. UNICEF estimates that there are 10,000 homeless children in Cd. Juarez, Mexico alone.
- One million children are forced into sex markets every year to serve the increasing demands of tourists, organized sex tours from industrial nations, and drug trafficking.
- Five million children under the age of five die annually of dehydration caused by diarrhea and other intestinal diseases.
- Every minute, 15 children in the world die for want of essential food and inexpensive vaccines or vitamins.
“Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me…” (Mark 9:37 KJV)
- Tapestries of Life Ministries (TLM) is currently constructing an orphanage on 27 acres of land in Guadalupe, d.b., Mexico. The dormitory is in the shape of a “cross”, and is over 55,000 sq. ft. It will house 400+ children. A separate nursery will house up to 12 infants.
- Tapestries of Life has a mercy ministry which responds to the immediate need of the poor by delivering food, school supplies,
blankets, shoes, coats, and medical care items to thousands in our sister cities of Cd. Juarez, Anapra, Guadalupe, and surrounding areas of Mexico.
- Tapestries of Life brings groups of teenagers and adults from throughout the United States, Canada and Scotland to work on-site to help build this orphanage. We provide a working, as well as spiritual, experience for them on their mission “with a purpose”. At this time we’re bringing in approximately 24 groups annually.